Intro to guests posts with Kate: wedding planning on a budget

1/17/15

Working in the wedding industry I hear about wedding planning constantly, so I'm lucky enough to get the inside scoop on the dos and don'ts of wedding planning. My sister Kate and one of my best friends Ashley are both engaged, so I'm finally able to share some of that widely sought after information. And now being Kate's maid of honor I get to really witness the wedding planning unfold first hand. So, I figured along with sharing my accumulation of knowledge maybe Kate could share some of her experiences in planning a budget-friendly wedding along with tips and tricks for you brides-to-be out there! (Because who isn't trying to save a little casheesh on their wedding?) Here's a little intro blurb from Kate - stay tuned for more!!


Wedding Planning (on a Budget)

For the past few years, I have been along for the ride while Debbie has been growing her business. Being newly engaged myself, Deb asked me if I'd be interested in blogging about my experience planning my own wedding, which I happily accepted. For the most part, my posts will talk about how to plan your wedding on a budget but I think that there will be pertinent information for all brides. I mean, who doesn't love a good deal?

When we first started planning, I wasn't sold on the idea of doing anything other than hopping in a taxi and making our way to city hall. I didn't think that it was possible to have the kind of wedding that I wanted without spending a huge chunk of our salaries to get it. I think that everyone should create a day that makes them happy and spend whatever makes them comfortable. For me, I was worried that I'd never get over the fact that each hour of the day was literally costing hundreds of dollars. I want to spend my wedding day smiling so much my face hurts and celebrating with our nearest and dearest --not having the cost of it all looming over my head.

As our planning has picked up, I am realizing more and more that it is possible to plan a gorgeous and unique wedding within almost any budget...you just need to get creative and think outside of the box. I'm excited to share our journey planning in this wonderful city with all of you! My first post will talk about picking a date and how that can affect your budget. Until then, I leave you with some important information about our big day.


Fiance's name: Robbie
Engaged: October 25, 2014
Wedding Date: December 5, 2015
Wedding Location: Chicago
Wedding and Honeymoon Budget: 10K

1 comment

  1. Congrats for your wedding celebration!! I like this wedding planning ideas; this is the easiest way to find out low-budget Chicago Wedding Venues. Your post were really helpful and valuable for new beginners.

    ReplyDelete