Styled shoot for the CTP Workshop

4/8/13

I had the best time Saturday getting the beautiful Erin ready to model for Christy Tyler's photography workshop styled shoot. Christy sent me a Pinterest board with her inspiration for the shoot, and then sort of let me have at it the morning of (in case you're wondering, she wanted a very J.Crew look for both the hair and makeup). She also entrusted me to be the sole makeup artist for the shoot-- a first for me. I was super nervous and Erin was such a trooper. Her hair took me a lousy 20 minutes to complete and then I spent another 40 panicking on her makeup application. I don't know why I was so nervous since I've done makeup on other people before, but this was going to be the first time the makeup was professionally photographed. Those cameras pick up everrrry little mistake and can wash out parts of the face as well. And since Christy takes the most gorgeous photographs I really didn't want to let her down. The makeup (shown below) was meant to be very clean with a bold lip. You can't appreciate it completely through this phone picture, but I think it turned out pretty well for my first time! Haha- and I really love how her hair turned out, as well (how about those real flowers for her hairpiece? gorgeous, right?)


So, how did I do?

I am so excited to see how the shoot turned out-- I've already seen a peek or two (which I'll be sharing with you shortly), and as usual Christy does not disappoint. And Erin and her boyfriend Evan were the most beautiful, precious couple I have ever seen. Seriously.

No comments

Post a Comment