My friend Molly, the author

10/25/12


As if Ashley wasn't impressive enough this week..queue Molly: 24 year old published author. Mol is another best friend of mine and was a contributing author on the book, "It's My Company Too!" Though it's not the genre she hopes to continue writing in (she's actually a very funny writer), it's an amazing accomplishment and start to what I'm sure will be a very successful career as an author. Here is a little blurb that she emailed about the book in case you are interested (which you should be) in finding out a little more:

"The organizations we studied for this book varied widely. I mean, if I had a dollar for every interesting person I shook hands with throughout this process… I’d have a lot of dollars. From a non-profit that trains and employs ex-convicts in bee-keeping; to a hospital that won the most coveted national business award; to one of the largest online retailers for shooting, reloading, gunsmithing and hunting, the eight most insightful, impressive and exceptional organizations received a thorough examination, archival research, an interview process, a site visit and ultimately earned a spot as a featured organization in this book, It’s My Company Too! How Entangled Organizations Move Beyond Engagement for Remarkable Results.

This extensive project is the result of four (including myself) co-authors (the other three of whom are much more “credible” as far as the book subject goes, by the way—one is a graduate professor of management at DePaul and an author; another a retired Air Force Colonel and now, a professor and consultant; and the third an entrepreneur who has started nearly thirty companies).

If you’re wondering how the heck a (then) 22 year old got involved in something like this (don’t worry, you’re not the first), I played the creative writer role, taking all of the academic and business principles evaluated by our co-authors and translating it into something that we all could read (professors, am I right? In English next time, please!).

To check out the book site, click It’s My Company Too! For those with Facebook, check out the book’s fanpage. And for those who would like a copy of the book (hardcover or eBook), you can visit Amazon or Barnes and Noble to buy one online, otherwise, there are select Barnes and Noble and Hudson book stores that will begin carrying It’s My Company Too! in November."

No comments

Post a Comment